This position is based in Austin and reports to the Sales Operations Director.
Kahoot! is looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, welcome challenges and have the drive necessary to win new businesses, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of a global cultural phenomenon used by over 50% of all US K-12 teachers.
The Account Executive will develop and pursue sales opportunities with clients in higher education and K-12. We are looking for someone with experience in SaaS sales, and proven expertise in driving revenue and winning key deals. This position is based in Austin and reports to the Sales Operations Director.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower every child, student and employee to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Over the past 12 months, more than 218 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.3 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France and Finland. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 32 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 130, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
- Identify and convert higher education and K-12 sales opportunities in order to meet revenue targets
- Drive revenue by prospecting and delivering a sales pipeline
- Proactively seek new opportunities in the education space, forming relationships with CIOs, District Administrators, CAOs and teachers
- Create the right pipeline mix of short and long sales-cycle customers on an ongoing basis
- Implement sales processes to drive predictable revenue
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above quota results
- Develop a deep understanding of Kahoot! products, customer needs, and the competitive market
- Work closely with other key functions such as Marketing, Support, and Product, to deliver key customer insights
- Good working knowledge of higher education and K-12 buying processes and markets
- Proven track record in developing leads and business pipelines while translating them into revenue
- Self-driven individual who proactively identifies opportunities and makes things happen
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to thrive and hunger to outperform in a fast-growing environment
- Team player with ability to work in a distributed and international environment
- Authorized to work in the US
Ideally, you will have:
- Higher university degree (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
Nice to have:
- Fluent in Spanish
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Austin office:
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- Three weeks PTO
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
Please ensure you include a short cover letter in your application as we have a lot of interest for this role. We would like to get an understanding of your previous experience with sales, your knowledge of higher education and K-12 buying processes and markets and your general motivation to work for Kahoot!.