This position is based in Austin and reports to the Sales Operations Director.
Kahoot! is looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, welcome challenges and have the drive necessary to win new businesses, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of a global cultural phenomenon used by over 50% of all US K-12 teachers.
The Account Executive will develop and pursue sales opportunities with clients in higher education and K-12. We are looking for someone with experience in SaaS sales, and proven expertise in driving revenue and winning key deals. This position is based in Austin and reports to the Sales Operations Director.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform used in a variety of settings: at school, at work and at home. Kahoot! makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot!’ group also includes the DragonBox family of apps that make learning math awesome, and learn-to-read app Poio that empowers children to learn to read through play. In the last 12 months, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome, with a vision to build the leading learning platform in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in the US, the UK, Finland and France. Let’s play!
At Kahoot!, we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 100 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
- Identify and convert higher education and K-12 sales opportunities in order to meet revenue targets
- Drive revenue by prospecting and delivering a sales pipeline
- Proactively seek new opportunities in the education space, forming relationships with CIOs, District Administrators, CAOs and teachers
- Create the right pipeline mix of short and long sales-cycle customers on an ongoing basis
- Implement sales processes to drive predictable revenue
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above quota results
- Develop a deep understanding of Kahoot! products, customer needs, and the competitive market
- Work closely with other key functions such as Marketing, Support, and Product, to deliver key customer insights
- 2+ years of K-12 or higher education sales experience, selling SaaS or technology
- Proven track record in developing leads and business pipelines while translating them into revenue
- Good working knowledge of higher education and K-12 buying processes and markets
- Self-driven individual who proactively identifies opportunities and makes things happen
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to thrive and hunger to outperform in a fast-growing environment
- Team player with ability to work in a distributed and international environment
- Authorized to work in the US
Ideally, you will have:
- Higher university degree (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
Nice to have:
- Fluent in Spanish
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Austin office:
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- Three weeks PTO
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan