We’re looking for an Android Developer to join our team in Oslo and help us bring our game-based learning platform and apps to the next level with playful and engaging experiences.
Kahoot! is one of the world’s fastest-growing learning brands; we are on a mission to make learning awesome. In the last 12 months, over 200 million games were played with over 1.1 billion participating players in over 200 countries.
At Kahoot! you will be part of a successful scale-up/start-up listed on the Oslo Exchange’s Merkur Market. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 100, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
- Crafting new native apps and features for the Kahoot! platform, translating ideas into tangible things our users love
- Specializing in native app development and working closely with the rest of the team to come up with the best solutions
- Working closely with product managers, designers and other engineers and incorporating their feedback
- Collaborating with our back-end developers to help design the APIs needed to support new features and developing the matching client code
- Working with our designers to do experiments, explore possibilities and build prototypes
- Contributing to implementing engaging and exciting UIs
- Helping continuously improve our development processes
The Mobile Apps team
You will be part of a team of dedicated mobile developers, designers, product manager and QA representing different nationalities, backgrounds, languages and education. We like having fun while we’re on a mission to make learning awesome for all our users!
You will report to the Mobile Apps Product Manager, based in Oslo.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experienced in Android development (Java and Kotlin)
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and adults all over the world.
As a fast growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes and sport activities
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance, if needed
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!