Kahoot! is hiring an Android Developer, based in Oslo, to help us bring our game-based learning platform and apps to the next level with playful, inspiring and considered designed experiences that engage the heart, hand and mind of our users.
Crafted using a strong design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn, but how you learn. With over 70 million people a month in more than 180 countries playing and learning with Kahoot!, we are proud to be one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands.
Our first product and experience, our quiz, helped restructure learning in the classroom by focusing on human behaviour.
- Crafting new native apps and new features for the Kahoot! platform, translating ideas into tangible things our users love
- Specializing in native app development and working closely with the rest of the team to come up with the best solutions
- Working closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Collaborating with our back-end developers to help design the APIs needed to support new features and developing the matching client code
- Working with our designers to do experiments, explore possibilities and build prototypes
- Contributing to implementing engaging and exciting UIs
- Engaging with other members of the team and helping with their professional development
- Helping continually improve our development processes
- Taking a regular and active role in providing user support
We are cross functional team with 4 app developers, 1 backend and 1 frontend and 2 designers. We’re working on world class apps with millions of users and that we’ve been featured several times in both the App Store and Play Store.
You will report to the Mobile Apps Product Manager, based in Oslo.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 19 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- An informal and fun but driven culture