Kahoot! is looking for an App Developer to join us on an adventure to develop the next generation of math learning experiences.
We are looking for a user-centered, structured, and energetic developer with a passion for learning and enthusiasm for creating products that kids will love.
The position is based in DragonBox studio in Paris, France and will report to the DragonBox Head of Engineering based in Oslo.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform used in a variety of settings: at school, at work and at home. Kahoot!’s quiz platform makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot!’s DragonBox family of apps makes math learning awesome and reading app Poio empowers children to learn to read through play. Kahoot! has over the last 12 months had 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning platform in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, Finland and France. Let’s play!
DragonBox (https://dragonbox.com/) is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative math learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing more than 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
- Develop new gameplays/interactions for our learning experiences
- Implement modules and editor tools supporting these products
- Improve existing products
- Participate in the overall continuous improvement of the studio
We are looking for someone who has:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or industry equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience as a software developer / game developer
- Experience in Unity/C# highly desired
- Experience with other gaming engines/frameworks
- UX sensibility
As a person you would be someone who:
- Is interested in education, learning for children and math
- Loves to learn
- Is passionate to create usable software
- Has good communication skills
- Has excellent English and good French skillsA competitive compensation package (French Contract)
- Share option plan
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package (French Contract)
- Share option plan
- French social security + Mutuelle, including
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- A fast growing environment
- An informal, fun and high-paced culture
- Friendly, international environment and afterwork activities