Your day at Kahoot!
You’ll be working directly with our product and data teams to continually improve the search experience. Helping our millions of users find high quality content that’s relevant to them quickly and easily.
- Working closely with frontend, backend, data and infrastructure teams to design and implement the next evolution of Kahoot!’s search technical architecture
- Indexing and feature engineering for people, kahoots, questions, images and more
- Ranking quality evaluation and data analysis
- Working closely with the infrastructure team to ensure our search infrastructure is scalable and performs optimally
- Contributing to evolve the Kahoot backend as a robust and flexible global platform.
- Taking part in developing backend services to support client side features for the Kahoot! platform.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience as a backend developer (5+ years)
- Applied Information Retrieval experience (1+ years)
- Strong programming experience in Java
- Strong experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene or Solr
- Experience with Ranking Systems, associated algorithms and evaluation
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Programming experience in Python or Scala
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Couchbase
- Experience with Docker
- Linux and scripting experience
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including share options and a personal learning and development budget.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
A company laptop, big screens, fast internet connection, fruit and premium coffee shall be provided.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them — then on to the real fun!