Are you a commercial oriented legal counselor who loves leveraging your expertise driving business development and sales while managing risk and compliance? Maybe you’re also looking for your next adventure, something truly meaningful and unique? Then Kahoot! has the job for you! We’re looking for an awesome Commercial legal for Corporate Development team.
The role can be remote, and we are particularly interested in candidates with experience in both US and EU legislation and who thrive in an ambitious, passionate and international company.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organizations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform. Launched in 2013,Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 250 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.5 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 200 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
The role will report to the Legal Director in Oslo, Norway, and will be responsible to know and protect the commercial and legal interests of Kahoot! and jointly with our commercial organization to constantly increase and drive sales, implement scalable legal processes and own Kahoot´s agreement frameworks. You will work closely with customers and sales teams to monitor and predict requirements and proactively design and implement efficient solutions for improved legal management and commercial outcome.
Kahoot! is experiencing tremendous growth globally with the U.S. as a key arena. Major focus will therefore be to serve our U.S. commercial team, while experience with EU legislation is a plus.
- Be the legal operative go-to-person for sales team including
- Contract reviews
- Supporting sales teams in negotiations, including contract review, sales meetings and as the point of contact for customer´s legal team
- Supporting day-to-day requests from customers/sales team.
- Developing and optimizing the sales process to drive sales, including training and development of the sales team.
- Own, develop and update Kahoot!s commercial contracts
- Manage Kahoot! contract risks and optimize commercial results
- Completed law degree and certification to practice
- 2 – 4 years´ work experience, focus on sales and commercial contracts in the SaaS/ technology licensing industry.
- Knowledge and experience in international privacy law.
- CIPP/E, CIPP/US certification is valued.
- Demonstrated ability to combine commercial skills with and legal aspects, to drive sale and optimize sales process
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, accurately and stay focused
- Effective (digital) communication skills (written and oral)
- Proper time-management and ability to manage the balance of life
- The ability to collaborate remotely with others (team player)
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Social and company events
- Friendly, international environment