Are you a keen storyteller and a strategic thinker with experience working with international brands? Do you want to work for a company with a global footprint that is making an impact on learning? Kahoot! is looking for a Communications Manager to join our global corporate communications team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, and working closely with the leadership team, this role will help in telling the Kahoot! story by developing a wide range of compelling external and internal content, as well as represent Kahoot! externally to key stakeholders.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 130 employees representing 30+ different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day. The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
The ideal candidate will be a creative, versatile and experienced storyteller with a strong background in corporate communications, who can help convey Kahoot!’s story and value proposition as well as engage users, customers,employees and investors through various channels. This person is highly motivated, extremely organized, and can collaborate well with multiple stakeholders and communication teams across the globe. You will utilize your attention to detail, creativity, and excellent communication and presentation skills to develop, manage, and promote exceptional content and communications strategies on behalf of Kahoot!
- Identify and develop story ideas and collateral in support of the company’s strategic direction, business areas’ go-to-market objectives, and ongoing communications programs and initiatives that generate brand awareness for Kahoot!
- Partner with leadership teams to create and implement internal communication strategies on key company initiatives and programs for employees
- Develop topic ideas and copy for a variety of external communications, including press releases, blog posts, social media, thought leadership content, speaking abstracts, scripts, etc. Help with development of financial reports, corporate releases, corporate events, and materials related to mergers & acquisitions
- Work with and influence internal business colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of the company to shape stories
- Research market trends and technology industry to develop content that is data driven.
- Partner with Director of Corporate Communications to develop a comprehensive content calendar to maintain and populate content for all external and internal communication channels
- Ensure accuracy, quality and variety of published content
- Manage corporate social media accounts
- Manage proactive press outreach and relationships with key press in Europe and collaborate with external consultants and PR agencies to secure earned media coverage for Kahoot!
- Work with product marketing team to assist in go-to-market strategy for product launches
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field required
- Minimum 6 years experience in corporate communications at a publicly-listed company, preferably within the high-tech industry with an international userbase
- Have close media contacts at top tier publications and online outlets
- Experience developing communication strategy and narratives for publicly-listed companies and financial communications
- Exceptional writing, editing and storytelling skills
- Experience with internal communications and employee engagement
- Proven ability to think creatively and drive execution across multiple channels and audiences
- Excellent judgement and a keen sense of what is timely and culturally relevant
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a desire to build and nurture relationships to identify the best stories to tell
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, including senior leaders; and work cross-functionally across multiple teams and geographies
- Knowledge of digital and social technology platforms
- Demonstrated proactive commitment in evolving communications based on metrics, research and feedback
- High energy, outgoing, teammate with a “can do” personality. Ability to thrive in a changing environment.
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Oslo office:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Lunch contribution
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Social and company events
- Friendly, international environment
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible as we are reviewing applications as they come in.