We are looking for a Compliance Manager who will establish and drive required risk governance within the IT Risk Management domain to enable effective compliance management.
The position will provide advice and support to our Sales team to help business areas achieve goals and strategies while meeting privacy compliance requirements.
He/she will work closely with our engineering teams to make sure that technical and security requirements are met.
The position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The compliance to internal and external requirements along with the digital security are areas of great importance for Kahoot!. Hence, this position will have a very important role in Kahoot!
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to read app and now as a team of more than 60, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Compliance and risk management
- Maintain and improve compliance and risk management in Kahoot!
- Support the development and maintenance of Kahoot’s Global Privacy and Data Protection policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise, knowledge of the company and strong project management skills
- Be responsible for the Information Security Compliance – GDPR and Enterprise Contracts and school privacy acts eg: COPPA, FERPA and others in the US mainly, but also worldwide
- Liaise with the lines of business in the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance to support prompt and accurate reporting as necessary
- Build on relationships and partner up with colleagues and stakeholders throughout Kahoot! to effectively run development and implementation of processes
- Educate, support and train Kahoot! staff to build risk awareness within the organization
- Ability to translate applicable privacy requirements into business requirements and controls
- Participate in internal audits
Support for the Sales team
- Support the Kahoot! Sales team with the completion of security/compliance questionnaires and assessments (RFP/RFIs)
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise by assisting the sales team in security and technology discussions with potential enterprise customers
- Craft technology, security and privacy content that can be delivered to potential customers
- Distill and communicate customer needs to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of the software industry trends
- Strong knowledge and experience of risk management and compliance
- Ability to draft, develop and maintain internal and external privacy notices, policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Excellent understanding of privacy program management and European privacy laws and regulations (such as GDPR, COPPA and FERPA), as well as any implementing rules, codes and guidance
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams
- Pragmatic with strong communication skills and ability to develop excellent professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders combined with the ability to explain complex ideas around a technical topic
- Understanding SaaS business models and preferably work experience on Saas platforms and in pre-sales consulting roles
- Background from a software or technology company and an understanding of security concerns that exits when building a Saas platform
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team
- Master Degree in Law and privacy work experience
- Fluent in English. Norwegian is a plus
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch & food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and afterwork activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
Apply now if you think this is the right job for you!