Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn, but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
We share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds. Kahoot! headoffice has recently moved to a new and more spacious office by the City Hall in Oslo.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app and launched premium products. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
We are looking for a talented developer intern to join the web development team. So if you are passionate about technology then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a paid internship.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Understands code and the value of unit tests
- Creative problem solver, and detail-oriented
- You love to learn and challenge yourself
- Available for a minimum 3 months
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees. If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world. As a fast-growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
We offer you:
- Home broadband allowance and a laptop during your internship
- A dedicated mentor who will coach you during your internship
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 25 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- Great opportunity for continued employment