Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
Working at Kahoot!, you get an opportunity to really impact how millions of people around the world learn, including students, teachers, corporate employees, and families. An internship at Kahoot! can be the start of your dream job and give you a lot of professional development opportunities.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 150 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
We are looking for a talented developer intern to join the web development team. So if you are passionate about technology then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a paid internship and you will have the opportunity to work for a minimum of 6-8 weeks during the summer break.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Understands code and the value of unit tests
- Creative problem solver, and detail-oriented
- You love to learn and challenge yourself
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast-growing scale-up company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Oslo office:
- A dedicated mentor who will coach you during your internship
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- A social atmosphere
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but performance-driven culture
- Great opportunity for further employment
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter, CV, transcript of grades and reference letters. Deadline for sending in your application is 31 January 2021.