Do you think great copy can make a difference in attracting, converting and activating new users online? Then Kahoot! has the job for you! We’re looking for a playful Digital Marketing Copywriter with English as their native language, to focus on attracting, converting and engaging Kahoot!’s users.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 60, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
As a Digital Marketing Copywriter, you will work on the commercial content for Kahoot! such as campaigns, landing pages, pricing pages, in-product marketing, emails and digital marketing. You will also work on the UX/UI copy for our web app and mobile apps. You will work closely with both product teams, developers, marketing and design colleagues, and with more than 1 billion users a year, you will see your written content making a real impact! We are looking for an Oslo-based (or soon-to-be Oslo based) English native copywriter, as our main UI language is US English.
The Growth & Commercial team
The Growth & Commercial team, which you will be a part of, works on the full customer acquisition funnel and consists of a team of experts from digital marketing, CRM, lifecycle, products, engineering and design. We work closely with the product teams that develop our game platform and mobile apps as well as our product marketing and communications team. We are a team of people from different nationalities, backgrounds, languages and education, and we are now building the team to become even stronger!
- Create engaging copy to help promote Kahoot!’s paid and free services, working closely with our business units for schools, businesses and families
- Work on our UX and UI content to increase our user’s activation, engagement and retention
- Plan and create cross-channel content to support our business goals, such as landing pages, pricing pages, in-product marketing, digital marketing campaigns and more
- End-to-end delivery of the commercial / digital marketing content – actively participating in briefings, developing & executing concepts (both independently and with the team), determining solutions/alternatives when necessary, and presenting work to stakeholders
- Work with the product marketing team to develop the voice of our brand through a variety of commercial channels and platforms
- You are an English native speaker and writer living in or around Oslo (or about to move here)
- You have experience with conversion rate optimisation (CRO), especially for landing pages, pricing pages and digital marketing campaigns
- You have deep digital marketing experience; performance marketing experience a big plus
- You have a strong understanding of digital and product platforms as well as their use within marketing
- Fluency in understanding and interpreting strategy to develop initial concepts
3+ years of copywriting experience as part of an in-house creative department or at an advertising or media/performance marketing agency
- A portfolio of your work demonstrating finished projects
- A playful tone of voice in copywriting
- An empathetic, playful, curious and inclusive personality
- Experience/expertise in both B2B and B2C copywriting
- Knowledgeable about gamification and the gaming industry
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc)
- Experience leveraging KPIs, data, metrics and applying learnings in real-time
- Experience with consumer brands and an understanding of storytelling
What else makes Kahoot! an awesome workplace
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!