Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 50 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond. We recently launched a single player version of Kahoot! on our mobile apps and a premium, subscription version of Kahoot! optimised for use at work.
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas. In the spirit of this – a company laptop, big screen, fast internet connection, and premium coffee all come complimentary.
With our teams in London and Austin we share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’re moving fast and growing fast – our team has now reached 53 across our three offices. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Who are we looking for
The data team makes data driven decision-making possible by providing access to tools for making informed decisions to everyone at Kahoot! It also provides the means to validate those decisions via experiments. An increasing part of the team’s work is to build data products for both our users and our customers.
We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of defining a data vision and implementing the necessarily capabilities for a successful ‘scale-up.’ You will have experience across the full spectrum of data science, from the business and product centric analytics to the more technical aspects of data engineering and infrastructure. As well as being a strategic thinker, you will also be excited by the need to be hands on and make a direct impact.
You will build out the data team so that we have the right capabilities in both our Oslo and London offices.
The role will report to the VP of Products.
- Define and implement a vision and roadmap for data which will rapidly deliver impact across the organization
- Empower every member of the Kahoot team by developing and maintaining the highest quality data and tools so that we can make the best decisions
- Continuously provide thought leadership on ways in which data can be applied positively to influence the overall business and product strategy
- Mentor and develop a world class Data team
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 10+ years of relevant experience of building the right analytics and data technology capabilities
- Has proven leadership credentials and the ability to influence at all levels of an organization
- Has successfully implemented a data strategy, is highly results-driven and believes in learning by doing
- Is naturally curious, always challenging if there’s a better way of doing something and striving for improvement
- Is fluent in English
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including share options.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 10 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture