We’re looking for an experienced Director of Security who will be responsible for Information and Security safety at Kahoot!.
The Director of Security will play a crucial part in Kahoot!’s continued focus on Information and Security safety, to ensure cyber threats are minimized, addressed, and handled. The position will be responsible for Kahoot!’s compliance with rules and regulations, through robust monitoring structures that are continuously tested and updated. As part of this, implement procedures and policies to capture new business areas, and drive certification as evidence of ongoing activities to ensure data protection and integrity.
This hands-on role requires working closely with legal, internal IT development teams, business units and leadership to maintain and develop a risk/security/compliance framework; designing, planning, implementing, testing and auditing compliance requirements to ensure consistent adherence with regulating entity standards. This role works cross-functionally at all levels of the enterprise to ensure the security compliance strategy is being implemented effectively and in a timely manner.
The Director of Security will report to the CEO. The position is based in Oslo.
- Own the processes, policies, and plans related to cybersecurity, including BCDR
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of required regulations such as GDPR, COPPA, FERPA and associated data privacy laws to ensure compliance
- Manage all third party sub-processors and vendors, addressing both the Data Processor and Data Controller aspects
- Own the structure and management of assets
- Own the ISMS frameworks
- Deliver reports to the management team on status, ongoing projects, and risks – including negative business impact caused by violation of confidentiality, integrity or availability of information and information systems
- Identify ongoing process improvements, operational gaps, and potential remediation steps; assist and/or lead process re-design and coordination of remediation efforts
- Diligent documentation of all procedures and policies
- 5+ years’ experience working within IT, IT Audit, information security risk, governance, compliance, or similar departments
- Experience developing and delivering project plans and enterprise initiatives
- Understand application of security concepts across a broad scope of information technology areas including data communications, operations, database structures, operating systems, application development, security risk assessment and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated familiarity with well-known security frameworks, standards and privacy laws such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27002 Security Framework, OWASP, GDPR, etc
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing tools (e.g. Nessus, NMAP, Qualys, Nexpose, Metasploit)
- Strong understanding of how to secure and maintain compliance with cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google cloud and Microsoft Azure, etc
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
Working at Kahoot!, you get an opportunity to really impact how millions of people around the world learn, including students, teachers, corporate employees, and families.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 150 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Oslo office:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Lunch contribution
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Social and company events
- Friendly, international environment
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
We look forward to hearing from you!