Your day at Kahoot!
You’ll be our go-to person for…
- Working closely with our UX designers and back-end developers to develop the best solution
- Collaborating with our back-end team to help design the APIs needed to support new features
- Continually improving TDD and QA processes
- Taking a regular and active role in providing user support
We need someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers
- The head to work both independently, without supervision, and in an agile team
- A passion for making stuff out of the Internet
- The ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
We also value:
- Experience mentoring and growing a team of highly competent and motivated engineers
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- An understanding of atomic design and the practice of using pattern libraries
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Teaching experience
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
How Kahoot! makes learning fun:
We believe that one of the best ways to learn is through play. From this, we asked ourselves a simple question: “How can we make learning fun?”
Crafted using a strong design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences.
With over 50 million knowledge-hungry users in 180+ countries, we are proud to be one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands. Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success.
A company laptop, big screen, fast internet connection, and premium coffee all come complimentary. Kahoot! has a competitive benefits package, including an employee Options Scheme. As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
OSLO: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
LONDON: Nestled in the heart of Shoreditch, our London offices are ideally located to enjoy the wealth of creativity that surrounds us here – and a great workspace that encourages collaboration and comfort.
AUSTIN: Our offices at the Capital Factory in Austin have stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, are fully equipped with awesome amenities, and are a great place to bounce ideas off some of the brightest minds in the industry.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to get in touch! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right person as soon as we find them — then on to the real fun.