Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 50 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas. In the spirit of this – a company laptop, big screen, fast internet connection, and premium coffee all come complimentary.
With our teams in London and Austin we share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of 50+, we’ve raised a further $10M in funding and launched two mobile apps and formulated our strategy for 2017. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!
- Working closely with our UX designers and backend developers to develop the best solution
- Collaborating with our backend team to help design the APIs needed to support new features
- Continually improving TDD and QA processes
- Taking a regular and active role in providing user support
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers
- The head to work both independently, without supervision, and in an agile team
- A passion for making stuff out of the Internet
- The ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- An understanding of atomic design and the practice of using pattern libraries
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including share options.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
A company laptop, big screens, fast internet connection, fruit and premium coffee shall be provided.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!