Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to unlock the deepest potential of each and every learner, of all ages and in all contexts, and we do that by making learning fun, magical, inclusive, engaging and shareable through games. We want to improve education all over the world and help everyone – of any age, aptitude or circumstance – unleash the magic of learning.
We have over 50 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
With our teams in Oslo, London and Austin we share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
Your day at Kahoot!
- Working closely with our UX designers and backend developers to develop the best solution
- Collaborating with our backend team to help design the APIs needed to support new features
- Continually improving TDD and QA processes
- Taking a regular and active role in providing user support
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers
- The head to work both independently, without supervision, and in an agile team
- A passion for making stuff out of the Internet and shipping the code in a rapid pace.
- The ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
- Understand the basic concepts of how the backend works.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Experience of end to end product development.
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- An understanding of atomic design and the practice of using pattern libraries
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
The team (the K!rew)
All of our 50+ K!rew members are on a mission to make learning awesome! And we do it by working hard and having a lot of fun on the way. We are playful, open and honest, curious, inclusive, bold, focused, caring and responsible.
Where you will be located:
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), our K!rew members have a network of locales to exchange between as they mature with the company.
OSLO: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
LONDON: Nestled in the heart of Shoreditch, our London offices are ideally located to enjoy the wealth of creativity that surrounds us here – and a great workspace that encourages collaboration and comfort.
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast-growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!