Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 50 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas. In the spirit of this – a company laptop, big screen, fast internet connection, and premium coffee all come complimentary.
With our teams in London and Austin we share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of 50, we’ve raised more fundings, launched a mobile app, two premium products for business users, Kahoot! Plus and Pro and formulated our strategy for the coming year. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers
- Worked and experienced in both Angular and React
- The head to work both independently, without supervision, and in an agile team
- A passion for making stuff out of the Internet and shipping the code at a rapid pace
- The ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
- Understand the basic concepts of how the backend works
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of end to end product development
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- An understanding of atomic design and the practice of using pattern libraries
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 19 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- An informal and fun but driven culture