Kahoot! is looking for a Frontend Developer. Are you experienced with various technologies and want to join us in building a product that impacts the learning experience of millions of learners around the world?
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organizations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform. Launched in 2013,Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 250 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.5 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 200 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
Your day at Kahoot!
Check out our new Kahoot! Tech Blog where we will be sharing a series of articles contributed by members of our Engineering team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of the DOM, HTML, CSS, accessibility, and cross-browser support, including mobile browsers
- Worked and experienced in React.
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- The ability to work both independently, without supervision, and in an agile team
- The ability to reliably estimate units of work at project, feature, and task levels
- Understand the basic concepts of how the backend works
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of end to end product development
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- An understanding of atomic design and the practice of using pattern libraries
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities