You will be part of our new Experiences Lab project, designing learning experiences that would combine the best of Kahoot! and DragonBox apps. Your job will be to take those ideas from our design team and turn them into real gaming experiences. You will quickly iterate to create a platform to explore different types of gameplay.
The position is based in Kahoot! HQ In Oslo, Norway, and will report to the Director of Engineering.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform used in a variety of settings: at school, at work and at home. Kahoot!’s quiz platform makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot!’s DragonBox family of apps makes math learning awesome and reading app Poio empowers children to learn to read through play. Kahoot! has over the last 12 months had 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning platform in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, Finland and France. Let’s play!
DragonBox is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative math learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At the Kahoot! Group, we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing more than 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
- Work with an experienced design team to turn their concepts into well designed full-stack apps, either running standalone or on top of Kahoot!’s existing platform
- Design and implement smooth online editor tools for players to create games
- Work with a UX/Web designer to make those experiences as enjoyable as possible
- Work with the project lead to plan the delivery of these apps in an iterative manner
- Work with the infrastructure team to plan the deployment of these apps
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience modelling and implementing server-side applications using various stacks
- Experience designing and implementing rich front-end experiences using various front-end frameworks
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS knowledge
- Demonstrated experience prototyping and/or iterating quickly
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Git
- Interest in education, learning, and social games
- Passion for learning constantly
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- Team activities and social events
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Own lunch canteen with deductible fee of NOK 400 per month
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!