We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to join our infrastructure team. You will support us in providing an awesome experience to learners of all ages and help evolve our infrastructure to handle our ever growing user base.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 60, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
- Help ensure that the Kahoot! platform performs and is always available for our millions of users
- Hands on maintenance and improvement of our global infrastructure and services, both cloud and physical
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues and risks in a structured and timely manner
- Develop automations, tools and services to simplify and improve the platform operations
- Research into new technologies that we can utilize to improve our services
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for uptime and complex problem solving
- Docker, kubernetes and/or other container technology experience in a production environment
- Strong scripting experience and a will to automate repetitive tasks
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Ideally you’ll also be/have:
- A deep understanding of the Linux platform
- A familiarity with Nginx, Redis, Elasticsearch and cloud providers like AWS or GCE
- A deep knowledge of how systems act together and fail together
- Knowledge with NoSQL, SQL and pub/sub messaging patterns
- Prior start-up or high growth company experience
It’s important to us that you also value:
- Natural curiosity – you love learning new things!
- Being part of a unified and collaborative learning culture
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!