Kahoot! is hiring an iOS Developer, based in Oslo, to help us bring our game-based learning platform and apps to the next level with playful and engaging experiences.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower every child, student and employee to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Over the past 12 months, more than 218 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.3 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France and Finland. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 32 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 130, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
- Crafting new native apps and new features for the Kahoot! platform, translating ideas into tangible things our users love
- Specializing in native app development and working closely with the rest of the team to come up with the best solutions
- Working closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Collaborating with our back-end developers to help design the APIs needed to support new features and developing the matching client code
- Working with our designers to do experiments, explore possibilities and build prototypes
- Contributing to implementing engaging and exciting UIs
- Helping continually improve our development processes
The Mobile Apps team
You will be part of a team of dedicated mobile developers, designers, product manager and QA from different nationalities, backgrounds, languages and education. We like having fun while we’re on a mission of making learning awesome for all our users!
You will report to the Mobile Apps Product Manager, based in Oslo.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experienced in iOS development (Swift)
- Have published at least one original iOS app either in the App Store or internal distribution
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!