Kahoot! is hiring an iOS Developer, based in Oslo, to help us bring our game-based learning platform and apps to the next level with playful and engaging experiences.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
Growing steadily over the past year, we’ve joined forces with Dragonbox and Poio to become a team of 80+ and make learning awesome together. Dragonbox is an award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio is Scandinavia’s #1 learn-to-read app for children.
- Crafting new native apps and new features for the Kahoot! platform, translating ideas into tangible things our users love
- Specializing in native app development and working closely with the rest of the team to come up with the best solutions
- Working closely with, and incorporate feedback from PMs, designers and other engineers
- Collaborating with our back-end developers to help design the APIs needed to support new features and developing the matching client code
- Working with our designers to do experiments, explore possibilities and build prototypes
- Contributing to implementing engaging and exciting UIs
- Helping continually improve our development processes
The Mobile Apps team
You will be part of a team of dedicated mobile developers, designers, product manager and QA from different nationalities, backgrounds, languages and education. We like having fun while we’re on a mission of making learning awesome for all our users!
You will report to the Mobile Apps Product Manager, based in Oslo.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experienced in iOS development (Swift)
- Have published at least one original iOS app either in the App Store or internal distribution
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!