The IT Security Compliance Manager role will oversee and maintain Kahoot’s IT security compliance practice. This hands-on role requires working closely with internal IT development teams, business units and leadership to maintain and develop a risk/security/compliance framework; designing, planning, implementing, testing and auditing compliance requirements to ensure consistent adherence with regulating entity standards. This role works cross-functionally at all levels of the enterprise to ensure the security compliance strategy is being implemented effectively and in a timely manner.
The position will also provide advice and support to our Sales team to help business areas achieve goals and strategies while meeting privacy compliance requirements.
He/she will work closely with our engineering teams to make sure that technical and security requirements are met.
The position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The compliance to internal and external requirements along with the digital security are areas of great importance for Kahoot!. Hence, this position will have a very important role in Kahoot!
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to read app and now as a team of more than 60, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
- Leads the successful completion of audits and acts as subject matter expert regarding compliance requirements and works with all relevant teams to coordinate compliance process, documents, evidence and approvals.
- Manages relationships with auditor entities; maintaining awareness of security posture of key vendors, conducting vendor security risk assessments and tracking and reporting.
- Collaborates with technical teams, sales and legal services to review customer and vendor contracts to ensure that information security and compliance requirements are met and maintained.
- Provides actionable steps on any remediation(s) necessary, while advising relevant controls and best practices in line with industry compliance trends.
- Collaborates on the internal architecture to provide input into development and IT strategies, and standards as they relate to compliance requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of required regulations such as GDPR, COPPA, FERPA and associated data privacy law to ensure compliance.
- Provide information to management regarding negative business impact caused by violation of confidentiality, integrity or availability of information and information systems
Support for the Sales team
- Support the Kahoot! Sales team with the completion of security/compliance questionnaires and assessments (RFP/RFIs).
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise by assisting the sales team in security and technology discussions with potential enterprise customers.
- Craft technology, security and privacy content that can be delivered to potential customers.
- Distill and communicate customer needs to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Maintain a broad-level of knowledge of the software industry trends.
- 5+ years’ experience working within IT, IT Audit, information security risk, governance, compliance, or similar department.
- Experience developing and delivering project plans and enterprise initiatives.
- Understand application of security concepts across a broad scope of information technology areas including data communications, operations, database structures, operating systems, application development, security risk assessment and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrated familiarity with well-known security frameworks, standards and privacy laws such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27002 Security Framework, OWASP, GDPR, etc.
- Working knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing tools (e.g. Nessus, NMAP, Qualys, Nexpose, Metasploit).
- Strong understanding of how to secure and maintain compliance with cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google cloud and Azure, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of legislation and regulation changes related to the industry; understanding of applicable security and privacy regulations, procedures and issues, and assist in leading internal efforts to ensure the organization remains compliant with such laws and regulations.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Fluent in English. Norwegian is a plus.
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch & food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and afterwork activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
Apply now if you think this is the right job for you!