Your day at Kahoot!
You’ll be working closely with our web, mobile and data teams to continually improve and develop the Kahoot! platform. Helping our millions of users create, find and play high quality content quickly and easily.
- Work with the backend team to design and build a robust and flexible global platform.
- Work with the product teams to help deliver new features and innovations.
- Work with the infrastructure team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Improve our existing solutions.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience as a backend developer (3+ years)
- Strong programming experience in Java
- Strong experience developing RESTful APIs and backend services
- A commitment to high automated test coverage and clean code
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Programming experience with node.js, Python or Scala
- Experience with Couchbase or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL databaseExperience with Docker
- Linux and scripting experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience building scalable architecture
- Experience with Git, Git flow and code reviews
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including share options and a personal learning and development budget.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
A company laptop, big screens, fast internet connection, fruit and premium coffee shall be provided.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them — then on to the real fun!
Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 50 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Our teams, based in Oslo, London and Austin TX, share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of 52 we’ve raised a further $10M in funding and launched two mobile apps and formulated our strategy for 2017. We all have an exciting journey ahead!