About Kahoot! and Kahoot! Studio
At Kahoot! we are on a mission to unlock the deepest potential of each and every learner, of all ages and in all contexts, and we do that by making learning fun, magical, inclusive, engaging and shareable through games. We want to improve education all over the world and help everyone – of any age, aptitude or circumstance – unleash the magic of learning.
To make Kahoot! even more useful and engaging for both teachers and students, we started Kahoot! Studio in August 2017: A unit of Kahoot! that creates curriculum aligned, ready-to-play K-12 content. Since the launch, more than 2 million teachers and students have played a Kahoot! Studio game, and we have continued to grow our math, science, ELA and history collections every month.
We are now looking for an awesome, engaged and highly skilled K-12 math teacher to join Kahoot! and our Kahoot! Studio team. You will be a key player in growing Kahoot! Studio’s K-12 collections into thousands of games, millions of players, happy teachers and an unlimited amount of magical learning moments. You will also be a very important part of the development of Kahoot! as a learning platform on a global level.
- Your main responsibility will be to create awesome, ready-to-play K-12 kahoot games for our Kahoot! platform and mobile app, based on state wide standards such as Common Core Standards (CCS) and state specific standards such as Texas math standards (TEKS). Main focus will be on grades 6-11
- You will edit and make sure our Kahoot! Studio math content follows the above mentioned standards
- You will work closely with our Kahoot! Studio team in Oslo, Norway and Austin, Texas, our partners and agency and our US teacher team
- You will work on developing content plans for math in cooperation with the team
- You will also get the opportunity to develop themed games such as math games for Halloween, Thanksgiving or back to school for grades K-12
- You will be our internal go-to-person for anything related to K-12 math
- In time you will also contribute to articles, videos, whitepapers or masterclass content for our teacher community, to help them spread the joy of math to teachers and kids all over the globe
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in teaching in K-12 classrooms and a degree that qualifies you to work as a K-12 teacher
- A burning desire to create awesome educational content within the whole K-12 spectrum, with main focus on grades 6-11
- An in-depth understanding of US K-12 curriculum standards such as Common Core (CCS) or Texas math standards (TEKS)
- A lot of experience in creating math content for digital and analog channels (books, exams, assignments, digital content)
- Experience in creating kahoots. You know what it takes for a kahoot to become an instant hit in the classroom
- A love for teaching and a desire to expand your horizon and work with educational content and technology
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A dream to reach a global audience, but with main focus on US K-12 classrooms
- An eye for detail, a curious and creative mind and a highly organized personality
- High levels of empathy, humor and passion
Where you will be located:
We prefer it if you can work from our HQ in Oslo or from the US, where we have an office in Austin, Texas.
Oslo: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the Mesh community of start-ups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
Austin: Our offices are in Capital Factory located in the heart of downtown Austin. A community of start-ups with stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, Capital Factory comes fully equipped with awesome amenities.
Other locations: We are also open to a freelancer agreement if the right candidate prefer the flexibility or to combine the role with teaching part time. The Boston area is especially interesting if you are looking for a freelance role, as our key K-12 content partners are located in Boston.
The team (the K!rew)
All of our 50+ K!rew members are on a mission to make learning awesome! And we do it by working hard and having a lot of fun on the way. We are playful, open and honest, curious, inclusive, bold, focused, caring and responsible.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), our K!rew members have a network of locales to exchange between as they mature with the company.
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our U.S. employees, that includes share options, insurance and healthcare.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
If you’re a teacher or educator of awesome who wants to bring joy into education and learning, please apply! We’re really looking forward to hearing from you.