Do you want to make an impact on how kids learn? Join us to create and distribute incredible and fun learning experiences to millions of kids.
Kahoot DragonBox is opening a new position for a Lead Designer for a Narrative Learning Game to successfully develop the next game about reading.
The position is based in Oslo, working from Paris and remotely can also be an option, and the role will report to the Director of Experience Design .
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
Working at Kahoot!, you get an opportunity to really impact how millions of people around the world learn, including students, teachers, corporate employees, and families.
About Kahoot! DragonBox & Poio
Kahoot! DragonBox (https://dragonbox.com/) is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
Part of the Kahoot! Group, Poio makes fun and engaging educational games. Poio is changing how children learn to read and is praised by parents, teachers and children all over the world. Since 2017, the company has helped thousands of children crack the reading code through playing our first game Poio.
Kahoot! DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 150 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
- Analyze the competitors’ products – especially the blend of learning and gaming mechanics
- Design, prototype and refine interactive experiences for kids
- Write and/or refine kid stories as backbone of new experiences
- Organize then analyze lots of playtests with kids and families
- Organize and lead the work of the team toward the chosen vision
- Discuss the progress and important choices with your managers
- You shipped at least two games as a designer.
- You are interested in the learning domain and in products for kids (from 5 years old).
- You have experience with storytelling.
- You are at ease with organizing lots of playtests with kids and families.
- You have concrete experiences of managing and leading a team
- You are in the Oslo (NO)/Paris (FR) +1/-1 time zones or ideally you would agree to move to one of these cities.
- Excellent in English.
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in Oslo:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Lunch contribution
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Social and company events
- Friendly, international environment
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Relocation- and settling-in assistance