Do you want to make an impact on how kids learn? Join us to create and distribute incredible and fun learning experiences to millions of kids.
Kahoot DragonBox is opening a new position for a Senior software Developer to lead our Autonomous games operations.
The position is based in Oslo and will report to the Kahoot DragonBox Director of Engineering.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
Working at Kahoot!, you get an opportunity to really impact how millions of people around the world learn, including students, teachers, corporate employees, and families.
About Kahoot DragonBox
Kahoot DragonBox (https://dragonbox.com/) is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative math learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
Kahoot DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 150 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
- Lead the development our learning apps towards a world-class architecture and development processes
- Cooperate with the design team to make those learning experiences as enjoyable and meaningful as possible
- Cooperate with the product and sales team to impact and delight millions of kids and their families
- Lead the exploration of new technological opportunities
- Mentor and coach your team of developers
- Coordinate with other leads towards a shared vision for all the business units
We are looking for someone who has:
- Shipped several games as senior developer, at least one using Unity and on mobile
- Concrete experience architecturing and maintaining complex software projects
- Concrete experience leading and managing teams
- 8+ years experience as a software developer
- You are in the Oslo (NO)/Paris (FR) +1/-1 time zones or ideally you would agree to move to one of these cities.
- Excellent in English
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience with analytics, data, privacy
- Experience creating Web based games
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in Oslo:
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Lunch contribution
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Social and company events
- Friendly, international environment
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Relocation- and settling-in assistance
We look forward to hearing from you!