We are looking for a strong math curriculum developer and content creator for our Kahoot! Studio team. As a math curriculum developer at Kahoot! you will play a big part in shaping online, gamified K-12 math learning for more than 50 million of today’s and tomorrow’s middle school and high school students.
You will bring the magic of math to students and teachers all over the globe, with main focus on the US. Are you an experienced mathematician, a curriculum developer, a math content creator or a math teacher of awesome who wants to expand your horizon? We want you to join our K!rew!
About Kahoot! and Kahoot! Studio
At Kahoot! we are on a mission to unlock the deepest potential of each and every learner, of all ages and in all contexts, and we do that by making learning fun, magical, inclusive, engaging and shareable through games. We want to improve education all over the world and help everyone – of any age, aptitude or circumstance – unleash the magic of learning.
To make Kahoot! even more useful and engaging for both teachers and students, we started Kahoot! Studio in August 2017: A unit of Kahoot! that creates curriculum aligned, ready-to-play K-12 content. Since the launch, more than 5,5 million teachers and students have played a Kahoot! Studio game, and we have continued to grow our math, science, ELA and history collections every month.
We are now looking for an awesome, engaged and highly skilled math curriculum developer and content creator to join our Kahoot! Studio team. You will be a key player in growing Kahoot! Studio’s K-12 math collections into the best, most comprehensive math offering available. Your content will bring the magic of math to millions of players and happy teachers all over the globe, with main focus on the US. You will also be a very important part of the development of Kahoot! as a learning platform, working closely with our developers, engineering and content teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and create fun, engaging and ready-to-play K-12 kahoot math content for the Kahoot! platform and mobile app
- Be a subject expert for our math curriculum content, with main focus on Common Core Standards and Texas standards for grades 9-12 and 5-8
- Edit and make sure our Kahoot! Studio math content follows the above mentioned standards and grades
- Advise designer, engineering and developer teams on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Develop content plans for math to grow Kahoot! Studio’s offering further every month
- Work closely with our Kahoot! Studio team in Oslo, Norway and Austin, Texas and with our partners in Texas and Boston
- You will also get the opportunity to develop themed math games such as games for Halloween or Thanksgiving, and you will do so in cooperation with some of our world famous partners within the entertainment industry
- You will be our internal go-to-person for anything related to K-12 math
- You will also be welcome to contribute to articles, videos, whitepapers and masterclass content for our teacher community, to help them spread the joy of math to their students
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics – Master’s or PhD in Mathematics or related field preferred
- Math teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design
- An in-depth understanding of US K-12 curriculum standards such as Common Core (CCS) or Texas math standards (TEKS)
- A highly self-motivated personality with a strong attention to detail
- A burning desire to create awesome educational content within the whole K-12 spectrum, with main focus on grades 9-12 and 5-8
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
Ideally you’ll also have
- A passion for improving education through technology
- Experience in teaching in K-12 classrooms
- Experience in creating kahoots. You know what it takes for a kahoot to become an instant hit in the classroom
- A love for teaching and a desire to expand your horizon and work with educational content and technology
- A dream to reach a global audience, but with main focus on US K-12 classrooms
- High levels of empathy, humor and passion
Where you will be located
We prefer if you can work from our HQ in Oslo or from the US, where we have an office in Austin, Texas and are working towards opening a new office in Boston in early 2018.
Oslo: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the Mesh community of start-ups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
Austin: Our offices are in Capital Factory located in the heart of downtown Austin. A community of start-ups with stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, Capital Factory comes fully equipped with awesome amenities.
Other locations: We are also open to a freelancer agreement if the right candidate prefer the flexibility or to combine the role with teaching part time.
The team (the K!rew)
All of our 50+ K!rew members are on a mission to make learning awesome! And we do it by working hard and having a lot of fun on the way. We are playful, open and honest, curious, inclusive, bold, focused, caring and responsible.
As a global company, our K!rew members have a network of locales to exchange between as they mature with the company.
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance and healthcare.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
If you’re a curriculum developer and content creator who wants to bring joy into education and learning, please apply! We’re really looking forward to hearing from you.