Kahoot! is looking for a Product Manager to join our Mobile Apps team based in Oslo.
Kahoot! is one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands; we are on a mission to make learning awesome. We have over 70 million knowledge-hungry users every month in 180+ countries. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success.
For the next stage of Kahoot!’s growth, we are strengthening our product team and looking for a Product Manager in our Oslo office who will work on the growth and commercialization of our kahoot app.
As a Product Manager for the Mobile Apps team you will:
- Support our Senior Product Manager for the Apps team to define and evangelize your product vision and roadmap both internally and externally
- Work with an agile team of designers and developers – also working closely with the commercial and marketing teams
- Be expected to take tough prioritization decisions in order to maximize the success of your team
- Have a deep understanding of Kahoot!’s commercial, user and technical objectives and deliver them in your product
- Build the right things in the right way, by applying best practice product discovery and agile delivery techniques
We are looking for someone who is:
- A Product Manager with 3 years relevant experience in building and commercializing an app product, preferably an Android app.
- Interested in technology as well as business – you might have MS/BS Degree in Computer Science, but this is not mandatory
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Intensely curious and yet have a strong attitude for action and delivery
- Highly evidence-based in their decision making and yet understands the importance of looking beyond the data
- Passionate about product quality and innovation
- An excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- Energised by a demanding, fast moving environment
- Committed to continuous improvement of themselves, their team and the organization
And also values:
- Play and game-based learning
- The teaching experience and relationships with learners
- Natural curiosity and a love of learning
Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn, but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
We share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.
About the Mobile Apps team
The mobile apps team currently consists of 4 app developers, 1 backend, 2 designers, a QA manager and a product manager leading the team – but we’re looking to grow further! (By the way, our team of 9 represents 5 different nationalities – so not only we’re a cross-functional team, but also quite a diverse bunch in a cultural sense, too!) Our work includes a lot of collaboration with other product teams, data analysts, marketing and communications.
We launched our current native apps in September 2017, and have reached millions of users in different countries, primarily students, but also many teachers and business users. The apps team gets to work with both Apple and Google on different integrations, as well as app promotion opportunities in both stores. In March 2018 our iOS app was even featured at the Apple Keynote which we’re really proud of!
Our audiences range from young children to university students, from school teachers to business trainers, from event managers to anyone who sees themselves as a quiz master – this makes it even more fun to work on the apps to bring value to all of these learners.
Here you can read more about our mobile app.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app and launched premium products. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance, and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Home broadband allowance and mobile subscription
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!