Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 50 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Our teams, based in Oslo, London and Austin TX, share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
The team (the K!rew)
All of our 50+ K!rew members are on a mission to make learning awesome! And we do it by working hard and having a lot of fun on the way. We are playful, open and honest, curious, inclusive, bold, focused, caring and responsible.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), our K!rew members have a network of locales to exchange between as they mature with the company.
Your day at Kahoot!
You will develop leads (from both existing and new contacts), cold call prospective clients, develop/present presentations and manage customer relationships through to contract signature—all with the goal of maximising sales revenue for Kahoot!. Highly client-facing, your role is to develop and sell content sponsorship propositions to Media agencies and relevant companies/brands based on latest Kahoot! offerings/products/strategies. And though the role is to be based where a good amount of potential contacts will also be located, you may travel approximately 10-20% of the time.
This is a 6 month consulting agreement with possibility to evolve into a full time permanent position.
- Develop prospect lists and prospecting action plans that target the full revenue potential available for Kahoot! — focusing on kahoot content sponsorships (e.g., for companies looking to make an impact in the K-12th grade learning, using CSR budgets or other)
- Prepare and deliver presentations to prospects based on latest relevant Kahoot! propositions—and how these offerings can serve clients’ respective needs
- Develop and provide prospective clients with contracts (including cost estimates) and based on existing industry benchmarks, where/when possible
- Offer insight to internal Kahoot! leadership re: new Media opportunities for Kahoot! to explore
- Serve as an internal Marketing consultant by providing industry insights through and up-to-date knowledge of Media industry trends/opportunities
- Develop case studies for Kahoot! that can showcase value to clients
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to prospects/accounts
- Offer ongoing progress reports to VP, Content Partnerships
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- BA/BS from an accredited 4-year college/university
- Numerous and strong existing contacts within the US/Global Media industry
- Solid foundation digital media & associated benchmarks/metrics, including media industry certifications
- Experience with ‘paid sponsorship’ propositions in the Media space
- Solid track record of success in media sales
- Understanding of latest US Media regulations
- Significant experience with large-dollar contract development, negotiation and closing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- An ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines
- Strong team player
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A specific expertise in Digital media sales
- New media modeling/benchmarking experience
- Experience with Advertising campaigns that touch the youth audience and associated regulations
- Contacts on the client side (vs. only the Media side)
- Experience with SalesForce or other reporting tools to forecast sales pipeline
- Affiliation with leading Media/Advertising association(s)
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
Oslo: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the Mesh community of start-ups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
Austin: Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our U.S. employees, that shall include share options and healthcare. Our offices are in Capital Factory located in the heart of downtown Austin. A community of start-ups with stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, Capital Factory also comes fully equipped with awesome amenities.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.