We are looking for a strong Science Curriculum Developer and Content Creator for our Kahoot! Studio team. As a Science Curriculum Developer at Kahoot! you will play a big part in shaping online, gamified K-12 Science learning for more than 50 million of today’s and tomorrow’s middle school and high school students.
You will bring the magic of Science to students and teachers all over the globe, with main focus on the US. Are you an experienced science teacher or a science curriculum developer who wants to expand your horizon? We want you to join our K!rew!
This is a full time position in our newly opened Boston office.
About Kahoot! and Kahoot! Studio
At Kahoot! we are on a mission to unlock the deepest potential of each and every learner, of all ages and in all contexts, and we do that by making learning fun, magical, inclusive, engaging and shareable through games. We want to improve education all over the world and help everyone – of any age, aptitude or circumstance – unleash the magic of learning.
To make Kahoot! even more useful and engaging for both teachers and students, we started Kahoot! Studio in August 2017: A unit of Kahoot! that creates curriculum aligned, ready-to-play K-12 content. Since the launch, more than 13 million teachers and students have played a Kahoot! Studio game, and we have continued to grow our math, science, ELA and history collections every month. In 2018 we are going to grow our math and science offering significantly, and that is why we are hiring a team of curriculum developers in our newly established Boston office.
We are now looking for an awesome, engaged and highly skilled Science curriculum developer and content creator to join our Kahoot! Studio team. You will be a key player in growing Kahoot! Studio’s K-12 Science collections into the best, most comprehensive Science offering available. Your content will bring the magic of Science to millions of players and happy teachers all over the globe, with main focus on the US. You will also be a very important part of the development of Kahoot! as a learning platform, working closely with our developers, engineering and content teams.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and create fun, engaging and ready-to-play K-12 Science content for the Kahoot! platform and mobile app
- Be a subject expert for our Science curriculum content, with main focus on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Texas science standards for grades 9-12 and 5-8
- Edit and make sure our Kahoot! Studio Science content follows the above mentioned standards and grades
- Advise designer-, engineering- and developer teams on appropriate content and assessment strategies
- Develop content plans for Science to grow Kahoot! Studio’s offering further every month
- Work closely with our Kahoot! Studio team in Oslo, Norway and Austin, Texas and with our U.S and global partners
- You will also get the opportunity to develop themed Science games such as games for Valentines day, Kid Inventors’ Day, Halloween or Thanksgiving, and you will do so in cooperation with some of our world famous partners within the entertainment industry
- You will be our internal go-to-person for anything related to K-12 Science
- You will also be welcome to contribute to articles, videos, whitepapers and masterclass content for our teacher community, to help them spread the joy of Science to their students
- Master’s or PhD of Science or related field preferred
- Science teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience
- Excellent writing ability
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design
- An in-depth understanding of US K-12 curriculum standards such as NGSS or Texas Science standards (TEKS)
- A highly self-motivated personality with a strong attention to detail
- A burning desire to create awesome educational content within the whole K-12 spectrum, with main focus on grades 9-12 and 5-8
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
Ideally you’ll also have:
- A passion for improving education through technology
- Experience in teaching in K-12 classrooms
- Experience in creating kahoots. You know what it takes for a kahoot to become an instant hit in the classroom
- A love for teaching and a desire to expand your horizon and work with educational content and technology
- A dream to reach a global audience, but with main focus on US K-12 classrooms
- High levels of empathy, humor and passion
Where you will be located:
We prefer if you can work from our Boston (US) office which will be established early this year. More information to be shared very soon!
The team (the K!rew)
All of our 50+ K!rew members are on a mission to make learning awesome! And we do it by working hard and having a lot of fun on the way. We are playful, open and honest, curious, inclusive, bold, focused, caring and responsible.
As a global company, our K!rew members have a network of locales to exchange between as they mature with the company.
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance and healthcare.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
If you’re a curriculum developer and content creator who wants to bring joy into education and learning, please apply! We’re really looking forward to hearing from you.