Kahoot! is looking for a Senior App Developer to join us on an adventure to develop the next generation of math learning experiences.
We are looking for an experienced, structured, and meticulous developer with a passion for learning and enthusiasm for creating products that kids will love.
The position is based in DragonBox studio in Paris, France and will report to the DragonBox Head of Engineering based in Oslo.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform used in a variety of settings: at school, at work and at home. Kahoot!’s quiz platform makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot!’s DragonBox family of apps makes math learning awesome and reading app Poio empowers children to learn to read through play. Kahoot! has over the last 12 months had 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning platform in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, Finland and France. Let’s play!
DragonBox is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative math learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a global team of 100 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We are looking for someone who has:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or industry equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- Experience in gaming domain, with a software engineer mind
- Experience in Unity/C# highly desired. Ideally at least 2-3 years
- Experience with other gaming engines/frameworks
- Experience in developing team-owned code and reusable components
- Experience with long term maintenance of products and API
Ideally you would also:
- Have experience in supporting multiple platforms from one code base
- Have an interest in quality, automatic testing and automation in general
- Have made some open source contributions
As a person you would be someone who:
- Is interested in education, learning, children and mathematics
- Loves to learn
- Is passionate to create sustainable software systems
- Has a focus in completing work with quality and efficiency
- Has a desire to move team and individuals forward
- Has good communication skills
- Has excellent English and good French skills
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package (French Contract)
- Share option plan
- French social security + Mutuelle, including
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- A fast growing environment
- An informal, fun and high pace culture
- Friendly, international environment and afterwork activities