We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to join our infrastructure team. You will support us in providing an awesome experience to kids of all ages and help evolve our infrastructure to handle our ever growing user base.
Kahoot! is one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands; we are on a mission to make learning awesome. We have over 50 million knowledge-hungry users every month in 180+ countries. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success.
Your day at Kahoot:
Day to day, you’ll work closely with our Oslo/Austin based infrastructure engineers on scaling our platform infrastructure. Working with the developers, you will build a platform that enables simple deployment and easy to manage infrastructure. For our users you’ll be improving and managing our clusters of servers that host kahoots all around the world. A continuous important part of your responsibilities will be to help monitor our systems, and assist with escalated infrastructure issues.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for uptime and complex problem solving.
- Docker and/or kubernetes experience in a production environment.
- A deep understanding of the Linux platform.
- Familiarity with Nginx, Redis, Elasticsearch and AWS/GCE.
- Strong scripting experience and a will to automate repetitive tasks.
- Skills to work both independently without supervision and in an agile team.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Knowledge with NoSQL, SQL and pub/sub messaging patterns.
- A deep knowledge of how systems act together and fail together.
- Prior start-up or high growth company experience.
- Experience with TDD in service/application setup.
It’s important to us that you also value:
- Natural curiosity – you love learning new things!
- Being part of a unified and collaborative learning culture.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK / Oslo, NO / Austin, TX), you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
Oslo: Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the Mesh community of start-ups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
Austin: Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our U.S. employees, that shall include share options and healthcare. Our offices are in Capital Factory located in the heart of downtown Austin. A community of start-ups with stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, Capital Factory also comes fully equipped with awesome amenities.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.