Are you an enthusiastic and talented product designer? Maybe you’re also looking for your next adventure, something truly meaningful and unique? Then, Kahoot! has the job for you! We’re looking for an awesome product designer to join our global team.
The design team
Design plays an important role at Kahoot!. With our team of 11 designers from various backgrounds, we’re responsible for the design and visual language of all of Kahoot!’s products and services, ranging from the game experience and the website to our communication channels and the mobile app. One of the values defining our working culture is being inclusive, which means that every opinion is valued. We believe that the best design solutions come out of teamwork.
This role is reporting to the Senior Manager, Design located in Norway. The company’s HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but this position is fully remote from Poland.
What we can offer you:
If you talk to anyone working in the Kahoot! Group, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers, and learners all around the world.
As a fast-growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them!
- An exciting, fast-growing environment
- An international work environment with over 30 nationalities
- Medical insurance
- Pension coverage
- Remote work set up
- Buddy and mentorship program
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
- Salary range 10000-18000 PLN/month
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organizations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 250 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.5 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 200 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
Kahoot! is looking for a well-rounded designer to join one of our product teams (e.g. the mobile apps team, or the game team). Together with other designers on the team, you will have responsibility for:
- Bringing visions to life and turning them into concepts
- Solve problems using existing design patterns and where necessary create new ones
- Create mockups and flows for the user interface
- Have responsibility for design tasks from start to finish. That means you’ll be involved in user research, figuring out the best user flows and putting the finishing touches on your designs
- Ensure that our designs stay simple, beautiful, efficient, and most of all, Kahooty
- Collaborate closely with other designers and developers
- Here is our vision of the designer we’re looking for. If you feel you’re a good match, yet there are a couple of boxes you don’t check off – do not let it discourage you from applying!
- 3+ years of experience as a product designer
- Experience with the latest design tools and technologies (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- You truly care about design and take pride in the quality of your work
- You have a portfolio that reflects you as a designer (quality over quantity)
- You’re able to communicate your work clearly and effectively
- You can act on feedback from others and provide helpful feedback
- You’re not afraid to suggest improvements, raise concerns, or question the status quo
- You seek to learn from others as well as share your knowledge and experience
- Bonus skills: game design, animation, and/or CRO design
Skills required for a remote position:
- Co-leadership (self-discipline)
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and stay focused
- Effective (digital) communication skills (written and oral)
- Proper time-management
- Confidence to speak up. Our leadership works in a facilitating capability and is always open to hear about possible improvement areas/tweaks on the products
- The ability to collaborate remotely with others
Please add your portfolio as part of your application.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!