Do you want to make an impact on how kids learn? Join us to create and distribute incredible and fun learning experiences to millions of kids.
Kahoot DragonBox is opening a new position for a Senior software Developer to lead our growth operations. We are looking for an experienced, structured, and meticulous developer with an interest in integrating systems to create business opportunities.
The position is based in Oslo and will report to the Kahoot DragonBox Head of Engineering.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower every child, student and employee to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. Over the past 12 months, more than 218 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.3 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France and Finland. Let’s play
About Kahoot DragonBox
Kahoot DragonBox (https://dragonbox.com/) is the world-renowned pedagogical studio that has earned global fame for its innovative math learning apps for children. In 2012, its first learning game –DragonBox Algebra– became an instant hit. Children, teachers, parents and press hailed it as a radically new way to learn math. In 2018, the company launched DragonBox School: a full-curriculum solution for mathematics that is currently showing great growth in schools in Norway and Finland.
Kahoot DragonBox has a deeply multi-disciplinary and diverse team that is located in Oslo, Helsinki and Paris. It is looking forward to welcoming new colleagues onboard to join the wonderful adventure of providing the world with the best learning experiences.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing more than 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
- Work with our product and sales team to evolve our systems to distribute our learning experiences to delight millions of kids and their families
- Lead our back office software ecosystem, integrate systems, automate processes, expose and reveal information for the team to take business decisions and allow up to scale quickly
- Design and develop new backend services for our apps
- Work with a UX/Web designer to make those systems as enjoyable as possible
- Ensure reliability by taking part of the whole quality process from test automation to monitoring
- Bring your experience to the team
- Participate in our overall continuous improvement processes
We are looking for someone who has:
- Pleasure being a generalist, working on frontend, backend, infrastructure, data pipelines as needed to get more kids to learn and have fun (you don’t need to be an expert in all of them, you’ll learn)
- Experience with quality, test automation and improvement processes
- Proficient on the command line and scripting in general
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering or industry equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
Ideally you would also have:
- Experience with analytic systems, CRM and data pipelines
- Experience with data, privacy, security
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with devops and cloud deployment
- Experience with git
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance