Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
We share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app, launched two premium products for business users, Kahoot! Plus and Pro. We have also launched a premium product for Schools and three Enterprise plans. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Kahoot! is looking for a Senior UI designer for our Oslo HQ. UX & UI design are broad, overlapping terms but we’re looking for someone whose experience and expertise skews towards interaction design, information design, visual language and branding as opposed to user research or information architecture. Any front-end coding skills are a bonus but more for understanding and prototyping, rather than touching production code.
The Design team
The design team is made up of a mix of generalist product designers. This role reports into the Head of Design who, in turn, reports into the VP of Product and Design. The design team is, however, responsible for design across the whole organisation, not just our products.
Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success. Kahoot!’s design team plays a critical role, since the founding of the company, in that mission.
We’re extremely lucky to have lots of very passionate users – they love Kahoot! (just search on YouTube and you’ll see what we mean). We want to make sure that we always have a deeply empathic approach to design.
Before we tell you about what we’re looking for, this is a senior position so we do expect you to have some good experience doing what we describe below but, just to be clear, we don’t expect you to tick all of these boxes. If you’re a talented designer who can knock this job out the park, then show us your portfolio!
- You’re intelligent, passionate about design and endlessly curious. You’re naturally observant and that awareness means you’re forever spotting ways to improve the world around you
- You take pride in thinking about how people, from any background, are able to take part in learning experiences equally
- You can demonstrate your track record of distilling the essence and personality of a brand into digital products that emotionally engage our users, whether that’s teachers, students, business users or our content partners (like Disney)
- You’re friendly, humble and approachable. You can eloquently and persuasively articulate why you designed something the way you did; equally comfortable explaining that rationale to senior management as you are to product managers, other designers and engineers
- Although you have the courage and principles to back your designs you can also take onboard contrary evidence and change your mind. In short, you have strong opinions, weakly held
- You’ll be obsessed with typography, imagery, layout, colour and how they can be used to tell a compelling story to our users
- You see yourself as a maker. You move quickly and are creative of course but you also have a healthy dose of pragmatism that tends you towards getting things shipped and in front of users
- You have experience helping to create design systems to guide future design work eg component libraries, standards and guidelines
- You work well with developers and can understand the limitations of digital products, whilst still pushing at those boundaries
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance and mobile subscription
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
Please add your portofolio as part of your application
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.