Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 80, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
The Design team
Design has always played an important role at Kahoot!. With our team of 8 designers from various backgrounds, we’re responsible for the design and visual language of all of Kahoot!’s products and services, ranging from the game experience and the website to our communication channels. One of the values defining our working culture is being inclusive, which means that every opinion is valued. We believe that the best design solutions come out of teamwork.
This design role will be a key contributor to the growth team focusing on conversion, in-product marketing and monetization. Running frequent experiments across different touch points, the team is constantly on the lookout for new ways to optimize designs and user flows for conversion.
You will have UX and UI design responsibility for user onboarding, pricing and payment pages, paywalls and other commercial touchpoints. In parallel, you will contribute to designing visuals for marketing campaigns that will engage our audiences and deliver our message across different channels.
You will have design responsibility over the Kahoot! website which seeks to turn first-time visitors into registered users and paid subscriptions.
Here’s our vision of the designer we’re looking for. If you feel you’re a good match, yet there are a couple of boxes you don’t check off – let it not discourage you from applying!
- You are curious and playful
- You have proficiency with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- You have basic experience in creating CRM campaigns
- You are able to put yourself in the shoes of different user groups to map out the best user journey for each
- You have an interest in user research (both quantitative and qualitative) and believe in its necessity to optimize designs
- You have a portfolio that reflects you as a designer (quality over quantity)
- You are able to communicate your work clearly and effectively
- Experience with conversion rate optimization (CRO) and persuasive design is a plus.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and adults all over the world.
As a fast growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
Please add your portfolio as part of your application