Kahoot! is hiring a Senior UX Designer, based in Oslo, to help us bring our game-based learning platform and apps to life with playful, inspiring and considered designed experiences that engage the heart, hand and mind of our users.
Crafted using a strong design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn, but how you learn. With over 40 million people a month in more than 180 countries playing and learning with Kahoot!, we are proud to be one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands.
Our first product and experience, our quiz, helped restructure learning in the classroom by focusing on human behavior. How we can continue to improve learning in, and beyond, the classroom is an incredibly interesting design challenge.
Design at Kahoot!
Our design team, made up of UX, Creative and Visual talent, has been growing steadily over the past two years. We’re introducing new game formats, leading the design strategy for the organization and facilitating design-lead product development.
We do this, by focusing on questions such as:
- How can we, through design thinking, create new ways to learn?
- How can we help teachers use Kahoot! in more powerful ways?
- What could we do better to make all our users feel like they are the hero in the learning experience?
Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success. Kahoot!’s design team plays a critical role, since the founding of the company, in that mission.
We need a senior UX Designer to help us to continue to support our mission, and growth.
Does this sound like you?
- You recognise the importance that design plays to influence positive behaviours, with your strength in design thinking to help create engaging and impactful solutions.
- You’re confident in overseeing and managing multiple streams of work.
- You take pride in thinking about how people, from any background, are able to take part in learning experiences equally.
- One of the first things you want to do is connect with our users, understand their motivations, behaviours and problems to better be able to create amazing work.
- You care about delivering products that have a look and feel which responds to what people love about the brand.
- You’re friendly, humble and focused on the team, and love working closely with product managers, data scientists, engineers and being supported by experienced designers to bring your unique perspective into the design process.
- You love games – who doesn’t?
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including an options scheme and a personal learning and development budget.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
Nestled in the heart of Shoreditch, our London offices are ideally located to enjoy the wealth of creativity that surrounds us here – and a great workspace that encourages collaboration and comfort. In Oslo, our offices are located right between City Hall and Parliament. We are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
A company laptop, big screens, fast internet connection, fruit and premium coffee shall be provided.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!