Kahoot! Is looking for a senior UX designer for our Oslo HQ. UX design is a broad discipline so we’re looking for someone with whose experience and expertise skews towards user research, information architecture and interaction design more than information design, visual language and branding. Any front-end coding skills are a bonus but only for understanding and prototyping, rather than touching production code.
Before we tell you about what we’re looking for, this is a senior position so we do expect you to have some good experience doing what we describe below but, just to be clear, we don’t expect you to tick all of these boxes. If you’re a talented designer who can knock this job out the park, then show us your portfolio!
- You can see the big picture of a product or service; how it all fits together, online and offline. You know that great product design is at the intersection of people, technology and business
- You’re intelligent, passionate about design and endlessly curious. You’re naturally observant and that awareness means you’re forever spotting ways to improve the world around you
- You take pride in thinking about how people, from any background, are able to take part in learning experiences equally
- You are able to plan and execute generative and evaluative research activities and then facilitate the analysis and synthesis of that research data into insights
- You are adept at converging on a coherent product solution from a diverse set of data and opinions through, for example, workshops
- You’re friendly, humble and approachable. You can eloquently and persuasively articulate why you designed something the way you did; equally comfortable explaining that rationale to senior management as you are to product managers, other designers and engineers
- Although you have the courage and principles to back your designs you can also take onboard contrary evidence and change your mind. In short, you have strong opinions, weakly held
- You see yourself as a maker. You move quickly and are creative of course but you also have a healthy dose of pragmatism that tends you towards getting things shipped and in front of users
- You are comfortable working with a variety of people in very different contexts.. This is because our players range from kids in classrooms to professionals learning at work and our game creators and hosts could be a teacher or an adult trainer or just someone who wants to create a fun quiz. They use Kahoot! in many different ways – from pub quizzes to film/TV launch events to training and more
- You love games – who doesn’t?
The design team is made up of a mix of generalist product designers. This role reports into the Head of Design who, in turn, reports into the VP of Product and Design. The design team is, however, responsible for design across the whole organisation, not just our products.
Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success. Since the company was founded, Kahoot!’s design team has always played a critical role in that mission.
We’re extremely lucky to have millions of very passionate users – they love Kahoot! (just search on YouTube and you’ll see what we mean). We need to make sure that we always have a deeply empathic approach to design.
Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 15 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- An informal and fun but driven culture