Are you an enthusiastic UI designer with a knack for UX? Do you thrive in fast-paced working environments? Would you like to join us on a mission to make learning awesome and help us take Kahoot! to the next level? If so, we’d love to get to know you!
You’ll be part of our core product team and will work closely with another designer more focused on UX. Together, you’ll have end-to-end responsibility for product design tasks such as new feature design, game design, and optimizing and updating existing features.
Your main superpower will be delivering high-quality UI design, but you’ll also be expected to contribute to UX-focused tasks in our design process.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 100, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
The Design team
Design has always played an important role at Kahoot!. With our team of 8 designers from various backgrounds, we’re responsible for the design and visual language of all of Kahoot!’s products and services, ranging from the game experience and the website to our communication channels. One of the values defining our working culture is being inclusive, which means that every opinion is valued. We believe that the best design solutions come out of teamwork.
Who are you?
Here’s our vision of the designer we’re looking for. If you feel you’re a good match, yet there are a couple of boxes you don’t check off – let it not discourage you from applying!
- You are an experienced UI designer who is comfortable solving design tasks end to end.
- You have a portfolio that reflects you as a designer. (Quality over quantity)
- You define a problem clearly, before solving it creatively and effectively.
- You create long term visions for your projects but understand the importance of moving fast towards a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- You care deeply about user feedback, and their needs are always reflected in your work.
- You are thoughtful in your decisions. You can present your work and communicate your solutions to various stakeholders.
- You’re up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies (our main design tool is Sketch)
- Experience with animations, illustrations, or game design is a plus.
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Travel insurance
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!