We’re looking for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to join our infrastructure team. You will support us in providing an awesome experience to kids of all ages and help evolve our infrastructure to handle our ever growing user base.
Kahoot! is one of the world’s fastest growing learning brands; we are on a mission to make learning awesome. We have over 70 million knowledge-hungry users every month in 180+ countries. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success.
Your day at Kahoot!
Day to day, you’ll work closely with our Oslo and Austin based Infrastructure engineers to creatively seek out and implement solutions that maximises the stability of or services. Working with the developers, you will help build a platform that enables simple deployments and quality releases on an easy to manage infrastructure. For our users you’ll be improving and managing our clusters of servers that host kahoots all around the world. A continuous important part of your responsibilities will be to help monitor our systems, and assist with escalated infrastructure issues.
We’re looking for someone who as a minimum has:
- BS degree in Computer Science that preferably include coding; or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience managing large-scale distributed systems
- Docker and/or kubernetes experience in a production environment
- Passion for uptime and complex problem solving
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Interest in design, analysis and troubleshooting of how large-scale distributed systems act and fail together
- Strong scripting experience and a will to automate repetitive tasks
- Knowledge with NoSQL and pub/sub messaging patterns
- Familiarity with Nginx, Redis, Couchbase, Elasticsearch and GCE/AWS
It’s important to us that you also value:
- Natural curiosity – you love learning new things!
- Being part of a unified and collaborative learning culture
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our U.S. employees, that shall include pension contribution and healthcare. Our offices are in Capital Factory located in downtown Austin. A community of start-ups with stunning views of the Capitol building and 6th Street, Capital Factory also comes fully equipped with awesome amenities.
Flexible choice of computer equipment, big screens, fast internet connection; Whatever needed to have an great experience at work.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them — then on to the real fun!