Are you a skillful Support QA engineer with experience in identifying software defects from customer feedback? Do you have experience with helping customers with technical issues at the second line? Maybe you’re also looking for your next adventure, something truly meaningful and unique? Then, Kahoot! has the job for you! We are building a new Tech Team in Poland and are looking for talented Support QA Engineers to join our global team.
As a Support QA Engineer at Kahoot!, you will be part of a QA team of three Test Managers based in Oslo (including the QA Manager), and also work closely with software testers in the Philippines and Sri Lanka. The QA team is diverse, with talented testers, both men and women, from different countries and backgrounds.
Check out our new Kahoot! Tech Blog where we will be sharing a series of articles contributed by members of our Engineering team.
The Support QA Engineer will report to the Manager QA based in Norway. The company’s HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but this position is fully remote from Poland.
What we can offer you:
If you talk to anyone working in the Kahoot! Group, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers, and learners all around the world.
As a fast-growing company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then no the real fun!
- An exciting, fast-growing environment
- An international work environment with over 30 nationalities
- Medical insurance
- Pension coverage
- Remote work set up
- Buddy and mentorship program
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organizations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 250 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.5 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark, and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 200 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
- Tracking second line technical issues from the customer and help the high priority customers within a short response time
- Identifying software defects from customers feedback, and helping the Product Manager and Tech Lead to find both intermediate- and long term solutions
- Bring in product insight from customers’ feedback
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to be aware of what features are being made
- The role requires a good understanding of how backend, frontend, and subscriptions work in general, and will require you to use tools like Curl to verify REST APIs, as well as Debugger in Chrome to check network requests.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree, preferably within Computer Science. Several years of relevant work experience can in some cases compensate
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Technical Support, or 1 year hands-on experience in software testing
- Experience with communicating well with non-technical people for technical problems
- Being able to communicate clearly with customers and internal stakeholders (QA, Engineering and Product teams)
- Experience with debugging tools in various web browsers on various platforms, including mobile devices
- Experience with debugging tools to interact with backend service, e.g. curl, postman, etc
- Familiar with simple scripting languages, e.g. Bash, Python, for simple tasks
Skills required for a remote position:
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and stay focused
- Effective (digital) communication skills (written and oral)
- Proper time-management
- Confidence to speak up. Our leadership works in a facilitating capability and is always open to hearing about possible improvement areas/tweaks on the products
- The ability to collaborate remotely with others
We look forward to hearing from you!