Kahoot! is looking for a Technical project manager responsible for driving the development projects for our Growth and Commercialization solutions.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 80, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
For the next stage of Kahoot!’s growth, we are building a world class Growth team and we are looking for a Technical project manager, Growth and Commercialization, for our Oslo office.
The Growth & Commercial team
The Growth & Commercial team, which you will be a part of, works on the full customer acquisition funnel and consists of a team of experts from digital marketing, SEO, CRO, lifecycle, products, engineering and design. We work closely with the product teams that develop our game platform and mobile apps as well as our product marketing and communications team. We are a team of people from different nationalities, backgrounds, languages and education, and we are now building the team to become even stronger!
As Technical project manager, you will:
- Define product enhancements & features together with our engineering and growth leads, and communicate requirements to an agile team of designers and developers via clearly written requirements and concise verbal communication
- Drive technical projects and developments in Jira and other project management systems
- Investigate, analyze and prioritize requests from internal stakeholders, customers and partners
- Together with engineering and growth leadership, prioritize the roadmap of features and enhancements for user segmentation, user acquisition, billing, payments, in-product marketing, and billing & payments capabilities
- Use data analysis to investigate and understand problems and opportunities, set targets, and track product performance against those targets
- Represent business objectives and feature solutions during product reviews with executives
- Follow through on relevant action items for the design and development team to address
- Collaborate with UX design, engineering, growth marketing team and other stakeholders to ensure timely and high quality delivery against the growth and commercial product roadmap
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a born project manager, who can keep track of parallel projects with many moving parts
- Has 2+ years of technical project management experience in product development working with teams of developers and designers
- Is comfortable with creating roadmaps and project plans and follow up with timely, accurate and effective deliveries
- Is familiar with modern software development practices, and comfortable with discussing technical topics with both stakeholders and engineers
- Is comfortable with tight deadlines and can deliver accurately within limited time frames
- Has experience from a product team that uses A/B and multivariate testing, and therefore has good data analysis skills
- Is analytical and actively seek a deep understanding of the user experience and user journeys
- Is actively looking for a fun, fast-paced, and demanding environment
- Has an empathetic, playful, curious and inclusive personality
- Experience/expertise in project management or product management within SAAS or growth / commercialization
- Knowledgeable about gamification and the gaming industry
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, strategy, media, production, etc)
- Experience leveraging KPIs, data, metrics and applying learnings in real-time
PS: If you can’t cross everything off this list: GREAT! We are hiring for both the present and the future.
What else makes Kahoot! an awesome workplace?
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch and food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!