Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
We share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app, launched two premium products for business users, Kahoot! Plus and Pro. We have also launched a premium product for Schools and three Enterprise plans. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Kahoot! is looking for a UX designer for our Oslo HQ. UX design is a broad discipline so we’re looking for someone whose experience and expertise skews towards user research, information architecture and interaction design more than information design, visual language and branding. Any front-end coding skills are a bonus but only for understanding and prototyping, rather than touching production code.
The Design team
The design team is made up of a mix of generalist product designers. This role reports into the Head of Design who, in turn, reports into the VP of Product and Design. The design team is, however, responsible for design across the whole organisation, not just our products.
Our lasting mission is to make learning something everyone wants to connect with. Being part of Kahoot! is an opportunity to directly impact millions of people’s lives – and that’s how we measure our success. Since the company was founded, Kahoot!’s design team has always played a critical role in that mission.
We’re extremely lucky to have millions of very passionate users – they love Kahoot! (just search on YouTube and you’ll see what we mean). We need to make sure that we always have a deeply empathic approach to design.
Before we tell you about what we’re looking for, we should clarify that whilst we do expect you to have some good experience doing what we describe below, we don’t expect you to tick all of these boxes. If you’re a talented designer who can knock this job out the park, then show us your portfolio!
- You can see the big picture of a product or service; how it all fits together, online and offline. You know that great product design is at the intersection of people, technology and business
- You’re intelligent, passionate about design and endlessly curious. You’re naturally observant and that awareness means you’re forever spotting ways to improve the world around you
- You take pride in thinking about how people, from any background, are able to take part in learning experiences equally
- You are able to plan and execute generative and evaluative research activities and then facilitate the analysis and synthesis of that research data into insights
- You are adept at converging on a coherent product solution from a diverse set of data and opinions through, for example, workshops
- You’re friendly, humble and approachable. You can eloquently and persuasively articulate why you designed something the way you did; equally comfortable explaining that rationale to senior management as you are to product managers, other designers and engineers.
- Although you have the courage and principles to back your designs you can also take onboard contrary evidence and change your mind. In short, you have strong opinions, weakly held.
- You see yourself as a maker. You move quickly and are creative of course but you also have a healthy dose of pragmatism that tends you towards getting things shipped and in front of users
- You are comfortable working with a variety of people in very different contexts. This is because our players range from kids in classrooms to professionals learning at work and our game creators and hosts could be a teacher or an adult trainer or just someone who wants to create a fun quiz. They use Kahoot! in many different ways – from pub quizzes to film/TV launch events to training and more.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance and mobile subscription
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.