Is microcopy your superpower as a writer? Do you like working with product, design, and localization teams? We’re looking for a UX writer who will help us create smooth and engaging experiences for our users through in-product copy. Does this sound like you?
We’re looking for a native English UX writer to join our Localization Team to help make our products feel human and accessible through language that brings the brand to life and strikes a balance between engagement, playfulness and coherence, even in the smallest microcopy.
To make it happen, you will work closely with our designers, three product teams, and localization, as the champion of our in-product copy to engage users across all platforms and touchpoints.
You will influence and be involved in every aspect of product development, from discovery to fixing a comma right before launch.
You’ll also be responsible for establishing a copy process when working with design and product teams, as well as creating and maintaining a UX/UI style guide, allowing for a consistent system all teams can rely on. You will participate in branding, product, and feature naming work groups, adding linguistic insight and being the voice of our users.
The position is based in our satellite office in Krakow, Poland.
Experience and skills
- 3+ years professional writing experience, with a portfolio (please send with your application)
- 1 year of in-product writing experience preferred
- Must be a native English-speaker. Our in-product language is US English
- Experience working with designers, researchers, and product managers as part of the product design process
- Ability to optimize a product’s user experience through concise and compelling copy
- Experience in the creation and administration of UX/UI style guide and glossary
- You must thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
Nice to haves:
- Sound knowledge of localization best practices for UX/UI copy, ensuring it is translation ready with localization considerations applied
- Knowledge of design tools used by designers (Sketch, Zeplin.) is a plus
- Knowledge of help article documentation architecture or tech writing is a plus
- Fluency in another language is a plus
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our game-based learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive serious engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 200 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with over one billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 150 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
You will join the Customer Experience team that is responsible for creating best-in-class customer experiences for Kahoot! users across the world. You will report to the Localization Director.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers and learners all around the world.
As a growth-company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A fast growing environment
- International work environment with over 30 nationalities
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- Medical insurance
- Pension Coverage
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio by 27th of November 2020. We look forward to hearing from you!