Do you specialise in creating accessible, fast, responsive websites? Are you equally at home building bespoke WordPress themes as integrating with API’s? Perhaps you started your career as a designer and have moved into web development in your pursuit of mastery and life-long learning.
Are you excited by the idea of developing a website with 20 million monthly visits, working alongside a supportive tight-knit team? Then you might be the next addition to the Kahoot! family.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app and launched premium products. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Kahoot! is looking for a developer to support the Website team headquartered in Oslo, Norway. You could have agency experience working in a large team or be a freelancer who has a wide and varied skill set looking for a permanent role – what’s most important is that you are passionate and enthusiastic about building websites which perform and provide a great experience to our users.
You will be responsible for maintaining and further developing Kahoot.com along with our in-product marketing tools – both of which utilise WordPress to allow our marketers to manage content. Being part of the website team you’ll also be involved in improving user conversion rates in their journey through our pricing and payment pages, with the opportunity to AB test and optimize our pages based on statistical data.
- Work with our designers, developers – and project leads to develop kahoot.com and Kahoot!’s in-product marketing.
- Develop bespoke components, templates and pages in WordPress
- Support the website and content teams with technical assistance
- Ensure our pages and components are accessible and WCAG compliant.
- Playful personality, inclusive team player willing to go the extra mile.
- Passionate about accessibility and a solid understanding of WCAG standards.
- Experience coding mobile-first responsive design and layout, with cross-browser/devices support – accurately translating designs into front-end code.
- Experience working with PHP and WordPress.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar design tools (Sketch), in order to export assets and convert designs to code
- Curious mindset and proactive learner.
- Willing to move to Oslo if you don’t live here already.
- Experience Git control version control
- Experience with build tools – such as Gulp, SCSS
- Experience with ACF WordPress plugin
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance, and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast-growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Insurance and pension contribution
- 2-week paid leave for fathers/partners at the time of childbirth. This also applies to adoptive and foster parents
- Home broadband allowance and mobile subscription
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
We look forward to hearing from you!