Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Our teams, based in Oslo, London and Austin TX, share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of 53, we’ve raised more fundings, launched two mobile apps, Kahoot! Plus (a new version for organizations) and formulated our strategy for the coming year. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to code responsive designs and layout which work cross-browsers/devices
- Experience in developing WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience creating custom fields, post types, widgets and menus in WP
- Able to create functionality of components and widgets without relying on plugins
- Managing/migrating databases and WP installs
- Good knowledge of PHP and the WordPress functionality
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Knowledge in accessibility issues and able to create WCAG compliant pages+components
- Experience of WP API
- JS UI frameworks (react, vue etc)
- Experience using the command line
- Front-end build tools/workflow such as gulp, webkit, docker
- Experience using WPEng
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to employees including share options and a personal learning and development budget.
As a global company with three premium offices worldwide (London, UK/Oslo, NO/Austin, TX), you will also have a network of locales to exchange between as you mature with the company.
A company laptop, big screens, fast internet connection and insurances shall be provided.
If this sounds like a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!