Crafted using a design-led approach and game-based pedagogy, Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning something that everyone wants to connect with.
With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 20 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
Our teams, based in Oslo, London and Austin TX, share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of approximately 60, we’ve raised more fundings, launched two mobile apps, Kahoot! Plus (a new version for organizations) and formulated our strategy for the coming year. We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to code responsive designs and layout which work cross-browsers/devices
- Experience in developing WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience creating custom fields, post types, widgets and menus in WP
- Able to create functionality of components and widgets without relying on plugins
- Managing/migrating databases and WP installs
- Good knowledge of PHP and the WordPress functionality
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Knowledge in accessibility issues and able to create WCAG compliant pages+components
- Experience of WP API
- JS UI frameworks (react, vue etc)
- Experience using the command line
- Front-end build tools/workflow such as gulp, webkit, docker
- Experience using WPEng
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers and learners all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
Located right between City Hall and Parliament, our Oslo offices are part of the MESH community of startups – a great place to meet like-minded people and exchange ideas.
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Insurance and pension contribution
- A fast growing environment
- An international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
We consider applicants interested in a full time employment contract or consulting role.