Here at Kahoot! we believe that creating is at the core of learning – and instruction. To make learning awesome we need to make creating awesome. Which is why we’re excited to announce our new kahoot creator, which will make it faster and easier to create engaging games your learners will love. With a powerful new question bank and new question types to give you more ways to play – there’s a lot to be excited about!
This will be previewed at the ISTE EdTech conference next week in Philadelphia and will be coming to all for back-to-school. Here’s a preview of what’s coming, with many of the new features inspired by the feedback we got from our community.
You asked, we listened!
By adding new features, we’ve checked some of the popular requests off our community’s wish list. Here are some of your wishes granted to smarten up the experience both for creators and for players:
- 25% higher character limit: questions will now allow up to 120 characters and answers up to 75 characters, allowing you to say more with your kahoot.
- More characters? Add info to slides! (Pro feature): use slides with text, images or video to introduce new content, provide additional explanation for questions, or transition to the next topic with ease.
- Autosave feature: never lose a kahoot again! All your work will be automatically saved with no stress.
- Drag & drop: save time with easy question duplication and simply drag & drop to reorder.
Faster, easier creation
Here’s a rundown of features that’ll help you save precious time and help create games 3x as fast! A few of these additions were inspired by your feedback, too:
- All new community-powered question bank: we do the work for you – based on whatever the game creator types, we’ll auto-suggest questions, answers and supporting images from over 60 million public kahoots and 600 million questions, and a library with millions of images.
- True or false question type: speed up game creation, or simplify your game.
- What you see is what you get: the new creator offers a more intuitive, visual way to create games.
More ways to play
The new creator also introduces more ways to play that will let you change dynamics and engage any audience.
- Extended timer option: got a tough topic to cover that requires more time to focus? No problem – our new timer option allows up to 4 minutes for players to answer. Great for math!
- New poll question type (Pro feature): gather feedback from your players, or use as a quick pulse-check for your audience.
- Teach a lesson with slides (Pro feature): using slides, you can teach a whole lesson without leaving Kahoot! Introduce new content, review previous topics and provide more context to your students!
- Mix it up (Pro feature): combine quiz, true/false, poll and slides into one awesome game to keep players on the edge of their seats.
The new creator will be previewed with educators at ISTE conference next week and will be coming to all users in time for back-to-school. We can’t wait to hear what you think!