In the education space, Microsoft is on a mission to empower every student on the planet to achieve more. With Kahoot!’s mission to make learning awesome, we believe we share common goals, so it makes us especially happy to become part of the Microsoft Partner Network. The purpose of this program is to empower students, teachers and administrators with tools that spark creativity, inspire learning, and profoundly impact the world around them – and we’re thrilled to make our contribution!
In addition to our existing Microsoft single sign-on and two Windows apps, we’re launching an integration with Microsoft Teams. The new “Share with Teams” feature will make it possible to assign Kahoot! challenges as homework directly to groups within Microsoft Teams. Students will receive a notification and teachers can provide feedback – all within Microsoft Teams.
We know that the new integration will also be very useful for corporate trainers and other business users who use Kahoot! for remote training and use Microsoft Teams for internal collaboration.
One of the things which makes Kahoot! unique is that it is a social learning experience. We are excited about this integration because Microsoft Teams will create an even better, social learning experience.
How to share a kahoot via Microsoft Teams
- On a kahoot’s details page, click the 3-dots menu and choose Share from the dropdown.
- Choose Microsoft Teams from the sharing options:
- Done! Here’s what it looks like on Microsoft Teams:
In a similar way, you can share a challenge that participants can play at their own pace on their mobile devices:
- Open a kahoot and click Challenge.
- Set the deadline and click Create.
- On the next step, choose Microsoft Teams from the sharing options.
- Select whether you’d like to post this kahoot to one of your channels, or if you have Microsoft Office for Education, you can share it as an assignment. For an assignment, specify how many points you’d like to grant for its completion.
Together with Microsoft, we’re presenting the new integration at ISTE conference on June 24-26. It will be demoed at the Microsoft booth, and our own Product Manager for Apps, Alex Remen, will showcase it at the AppsSmash session together with the Microsoft team. If you’re attending ISTE, we can’t wait to see you there!