Hope you had a fantastic summer holiday and are ready to kick off the school year with new energy and ideas! Whether you’re returning to the classroom or planning to continue with virtual or hybrid instruction, we’re here to help you prepare for an awesome school start. Dive in for a summary of our most exciting updates, new programs, content recommendations, and some teasers for what’s coming next.
Catch up with session recordings from the Kahoot! EDU Summit
In June, we hosted Kahoot! EDU Summit, our virtual professional development event that brought together thousands of educators, EdTech thought leaders, technology specialists, Kahoot! ambassadors and partners. Read recap of the main announcements and insights and watch on-demand recordings of all sessions in this blog post. Here are some highlights:
- Get a demo of the recent Kahoot! updates from our team members;
- See Kahoot! ambassadors showcasing the best tools and teaching techniques to make coming back to class awesome;
- From inclusive learning to new tools to power up digital instruction, our fantastic partners, including Rebel Girls, Clever, Microsoft, and Google for Education, kept our audience at the edge of their seats.
Don’t miss out on our latest new features and integrations
Before the summer break, we announced some exciting updates – make sure to try them in the new school year!
- Did you know that in addition to multiple-choice quiz and other interactive questions, you can also add slides to your kahoots? Classic slides are now free for all teacher accounts!
- Make your lesson more interactive by using our PowerPoint integration;
- We’ve enhanced Kahoot! EDU, our offering for schools and districts, with word cloud, open-ended and brainstorm questions to boost student participation;
- You asked – we delivered! Now, you can display questions and answers on students’ devices when you’re hosting a live kahoot in class or virtually, providing a more accessible experience for all;
- Power up listening comprehension and language learning with read aloud audio in questions;
- A GIF says a thousand words! We’ve integrated GIPHY into the kahoot creator, making it easy for you to add more personality and engagement to kahoots with GIFs, animated emojis and other GIPHY content. Perfect for back-to-school ice breakers!
- Our apps support multiple languages – and we’re only getting started with making the Kahoot! experience even more inclusive.
Get a summary of Kahoot!’s recent announcements and upcoming updates in this session from the Kahoot! EDU Summit:
Expand your educator network and access high quality content with Kahoot! Academy
Have you joined Kahoot! Academy yet? There’s never been a better time! In addition to an extensive library of high quality learning content, it has just launched its educator community!
Explore learning content from Verified educators and your favorite brands, including Angry Birds, National Geographic, and more. After this challenging year, social and emotional learning (SEL) will be more important than ever. Bring excitement to practicing SEL skills like understanding our feelings and showing kindness with learning games from brands like Empatico, Peppy Pals, Peekapak and Move This World .
Get inspired with these back-to-school tips and dive into our new Back to School by Kahoot! Academy collection, with kahoot templates and ready-to-use kahoots to start the year off right. You can explore Kahoot! Academy content in the Discover section and in our mobile app.
Stay tuned for our upcoming announcements!
We’re preparing some exciting updates for students, including the youngest learners, and further enhancements to Kahoot! EDU, our offering for schools and districts. We’re working on integrations with Clever and Google Classroom, advanced student creation and student-level assessment features, and classes and lessons featuring Kahoot! Math Labs. Log in today to test out our new features and keep an eye out for future announcements in our blog.
Hope this school year is off to a great start for you and your students!