This year, most of us have to rethink how we celebrate holidays and come up with new, creative ways to get together across distance. According to our recent Kahoot! Holiday Family Survey, almost half of the 6,000+ families who participated in the survey are planning to connect with their family members and friends over video calls this holiday season.
To help you bring holiday vibes into your video calls and liven up virtual celebrations, we’ve prepared a special holiday present for you.
Download these festive virtual backgrounds and add them to your next video call! Click any image to open it in full size and save it to your computer. Follow these steps for adding virtual backgrounds to Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Google Meet, or check instructions for your video conferencing tool.
How to host a Kahoot! via a video call
Play Kahoot! with your friends and families to have fun together as part of your virtual celebration! To host a kahoot remotely via any video conferencing tool, follow these instructions:
- Start your video conference and make sure everyone has joined
- In your browser, click Play and Host to launch the kahoot, so the lobby is showing with the game PIN
- Share your screen, so those joining remotely can all see the game PIN
- Players will need to use their mobile devices to join the game, either via the Kahoot! app or kahoot.it in their browser
- Host the kahoot as usual, taking care to not speak over the music that plays during the timer countdown
For more ideas of safe and fun activities for this holiday season, read our recent blog post.
We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season!