We were delighted to participate in the Snap Partner Summit 2021. During the summit, we shared how millions of kahooters around the world have brought engagement and a sense of community to learning by using Bitmoji avatars in the Kahoot! platform.
At Kahoot! we are all about making learning awesome, and we are always working on new ways to unlock the learning potential of everyone in a fun and social way. Last November, we announced the integration of Bitmoji avatars into Kahoot!, and our goals were simple: make it easy for more than 8 million teachers who use Kahoot! to bring more engagement into their virtual classrooms, and enable every Kahoot! user to add a personal touch to their Kahoot! experience by using a Bitmoji avatar as their profile picture
By integrating Bitmoji avatars into Kahoot!, we wanted to give every learner a personalized, familiar and fun experience while engaging with other Kahoot! players.
This integration was an immediate success, and Bitmoji avatars in classrooms increased in popularity among Kahoot!’s global community of educators. After the announcement, we saw many teachers on social media sharing screenshots of their kahoots with their own Bitmoji avatars adding a unique and personal feel.
We have also seen a strong connection between users using Bitmoji with Kahoot!. During the Snap Partner Summit 2021, we mentioned that teachers from more than 181 countries with an activated Bitmoji avatar are hosting 50% more Kahoot! games than teachers who are not using a Bitmoji avatar. We are also happy to see that teachers who use Bitmojis in Kahoot! are twice as active as teachers who don’t have a Bitmoji avatar activated, making connection with their students more personal and engaging.
We believe that by helping teachers create a more familiar and connected Kahoot! experience with Bitmoji avatars, it increases the learning value and impact of play for students. With Bitmoji avatars, it’s easier for students to recognize their teacher’s profile, while Bitmoji classrooms can give students a stronger sense of community with their teacher and classmates.
Connecting your Bitmoji in minutes!
Creating a Bitmoji avatar is quick and easy. You can start using your Bitmoji avatar in Kahoot! following the next steps.
In your browser:
- Log in to your Kahoot! account at kahoot.com.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner. Under Settings, go to Profile settings.
- In the User information section, click Connect with Bitmoji.
- Select Connect with Bitmoji and scan the QR code with your phone camera to connect Kahoot! to Bitmoji.
In the Kahoot! app:
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Kahoot! account.
- Tap your profile image in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap the image in order to change it and select Bitmoji. Tap Continue in the dialog informing you of third-party applications.
- If you have the Bitmoji app on your phone, you’ll be taken to the app and asked for permission to connect to Kahoot!. Tap Connect to confirm, and your Bitmoji will be automatically added to Kahoot!.
Remember to add your Bitmoji avatar to your live kahoot
- Open a kahoot you’d like to host, click Play and Teach.
- Toggle Bitmoji on in the game options.
- Your Bitmoji will be displayed in the classroom-themed lobby while students are joining the kahoot and in the final podium.
We are exploring new ways to make Bitmoji avatars even more engaging in Kahoot!. We look forward to more updates and integrations with Bitmoji and keep making learning awesome together. Stay tuned!