In our recent survey with 400 corporate trainers, we found out that 30% of them deliver training remotely or through online training programs that let participants join from anywhere. Does that sound like you?
If your trainees are spread across different offices or spend a lot of time on the go, we have something awesome to add to your virtual training toolkit. Challenges, a premium feature in Kahoot! for businesses, will help you train employees remotely and track learning progress. Learn all the what’s, why’s and how’s!
What is a Kahoot! challenge?
A challenge is a kahoot trainees play individually in our app, viewing questions and answer options on the same screen. The game is split into “bite-size” rounds – you can play at your pace, take a break and then continue where you left off. Though played remotely, it’s still a competition with its own leaderboard, adding some extra motivation. As a trainer, you can immediately track challenge results and get some valuable data insights.
Why use Kahoot! challenges?
Here’s how Kahoot! challenges will help you get your employees plugged in and increase learning impact:
- Games with easy-to-digest question rounds make content more engaging and sticky
- Trainees get flexibility to complete training anytime, anywhere
- Grab the attention of those busy bees who are always on the go
- Use challenges to complement or reinforce content from your in-person training
- With visual game reports, it’s easy to track progress and assess how much knowledge is retained
- It’s a game and a competition – challenges are fun!
The most common use case for challenges is remote training when participants are spread across different locations. Many companies with Kahoot! Plus and Pro play challenges to train sales and customer support superstars. This on-the-go experience is especially relevant and useful for sales people who need to stay up to date with new products and the market landscape, yet are limited in time for in-class training.
Challenges are also a great fit for internal communications; often used, for example, in employee onboarding. The first few weeks at a new job can often feel overwhelming with lots of info to absorb. Challenges let you deliver onboarding content in a fun and stress-free way, so that newcomers can go through it at their own pace.
How to assign a Kahoot! challenge to your trainees
For businesses, challenges are part of our premium offerings – Kahoot! Plus or Kahoot! Pro. You can assign a challenge both from your computer and your phone using our mobile app:
- Open a kahoot and hit the Challenge button. In our mobile app, tap Play and Challenge friends.
- Set the deadline by when the trainees should complete the challenge.
- Copy the challenge URL or PIN and share it with your trainees, for example, by email, or on the platform you use for internal comms.
- Trainees need to install the Kahoot! app to play your challenge, but they don’t need a premium Kahoot! subscription for that. We suggest you agree in advance whether you’d like them to use their real names or if nicknames are fine.
- Track challenge results in Reports section or right in the app to assess learning impact and pinpoint questions that need following up.
Watch this video tutorial for a detailed walkthrough:
Ready to challenge your trainees to an awesome quiz? Game on! Get started with Kahoot! for businesses today.